Welcome to the Big Muddy Independent Media Center!
The Big Muddy Independent Media Center is a grassroots community group dedicated to providing the people of Southern Illinois with an outlet for news, commentary, and dialog about stories and issues that are underrepresented or misrepresented in other media outlets.
We are part of the global Independent Media Center Network. For more information on this network, or to find an IMC in a different area, please use the Global IMC Network links in the left sidebar.
- Big Muddy News Radio airs every Wednesday at 9am on WDBX 91.1 FM. The show is hosted by Paula and Greg and features independent news and commentary. You can listen to recent episodes and contact the hosts by visiting the Wage Laborer blog."
- Film Fridays. Join us on Fridays at 7 p.m. for Big Issues on the Big Screen at the Big Muddy IMC. We show films of political and/or cultural significance that offer facts and perspectives that are often underrepresented or misrepresented in the corporate media. Our film showings are sometimes accompanied by a guest speaker and always followed by discussion.
- Saturday Morning Cartoons on Sunday. Join us Sunday at 8 p.m. for those cartoons you grew up with as a child no matter your age.
We meet every Wednesday at 6 pm at the Big Muddy Community Center located at 214 N. Washington in Carbondale [map]. New members are always welcome.
Currently, our meeting and office space at the Big Muddy Community Center is being renovated and has no phone, fax, or internet access. However, there are still several ways to contact us:
- Email List. If you want more information on our events, you can subscribe via email to the Big Muddy IMC Discussion by filling out this form.
- Tech Support. If you need help joining the email list, using this website, or contacting the group, you can contact Treesong, a Big Muddy IMC member and infamous computer geek.
- Mail. Our mailing address is: Big Muddy IMC, 214 N. Washington, Carbondale, IL 62901